Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PageMethod Code Caching

Hi,

When I change the code of my pagemethod, I have to run IISRESET for the new code to take affect.
If I don't, then the old code is still executed. Building the page or the project doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

Are you sure it's not just caching the js proxy in your browser?

Yes, I'm sure.

I did some more testing. Seems that building the whole project again is actually enough to get the new code to be excuted. (so iisreset not required). But building the page on itself is not enough.


Interesting. i would've expected <compilation debug='true' /> to be enough to force the rebuild per change. I wonder if there's some level of page caching set up in the machine.config?


hello,I am experiencing the same problem.

http://forums.asp.net/thread/1668850.aspx

don't give up on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment