Monday, March 26, 2012

PageRequestManager endRequest event not always firing

Hi,

I am using the ModalUpdateProgress control (http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/ModalUpdateProgress.asp) and this hooks up an event handler to the PageRequestManager endRequest event but this is not always getting fired in Opera and Firefox. I can repro the problem in Opera but not FF (one user has reported this in FF).

I have posted a message to the forum for this control but thought that it might be a wider problem related to ASP.NET AJAX.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi,Jason

Have you tested the PageRequestManager endRequest event without ModalUpdateProgress control?

If the PageRequestManager endRequest event always firing in other cases(I mean without PageRequestManager),The issue can be only a ModalUpdateProgress issue rather than an AJAX issue~

Thanks


Hi,

I tested hooking into the endRequest event manually (without the ModalUpdateProgress control) and it still doesn't get fired on this one page using Opera. It seems to work on all other pages though:

function pageLoad()
{
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_endRequest(endRequest);
}
function endRequest(sender, arg)
{
alert("here");
}

So, it does appear to be an issue with ajax rather than just the ModalUpdateProgress.

Any suggestions as to how I can debug this further?

Thanks,

Jason


OK...after discovering the error console in the Opera browser, I was able to determine that the problem is being caused by sliders within a modalpopup. These are generating a JS error that has a ripple on effect that breaks my pageLoad scripts, thereby preventing the endRequest from getting called. I have logged a bug report in codeplex for the sliders and will put protective code in my pageLoad scripts so that they don't error.

No comments:

Post a Comment