Monday, March 26, 2012

PageRequestManagerParserErrorException, is it due to web farm?

I implemented an ASP.NET 2.0 web application with the ASP.NET AJAX framework and the AJAX Control Toolkit. When I run it in my development pc, it works perfectly. But when it runs on a production server environment, which is a web farm, the following javascript error message prompts frequently on the browser:
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: This message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled. Details: Error parsing near '<!DOCTYPE html P'.
Anybody helps? It's my first project in my current company...

This problem is solved by adding a machinekey to the web.config.

No comments:

Post a Comment